Here are my Top Five Tips from Haymill Computers to keep your computer running smoothly whilst we work our way through the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Make sure you keep your computer upto date, the best way to do this is to accept updates whenever they are presented to you, you can also check to see if your machine needs an update by going into system settings at searching for the work updates.
2. Keep your anti-virus upto date and check at least once a week that you are malware free by running a quick scan and ideally run a full scan once a month.
3. Pay very close attention to emails in case they are scams it is an unfortunate side effect of this pandemic that many scammers appear to have increased their frequency. The best way to deal with all emails is to treat every single one with caution and not click on a link if you are at all unsure.
4. If you are having trouble don’t panic and start with the golden rule of computing, switch everything off, wait five minutes and then slowly switch everything back on and see if that fixes the problem.
5. If all else fails Haymill Computers may still be able to help so give us a call to find out more. 01628 559286.